Toll free (US & Canada)
Local - 1 289-963-9986
- The overall incidence of dizziness, vertigo, and imbalance is 5-10%,
- and it reaches 40% in patients older than 40 years.
- The incidence of falling is 25% in subjects older than 65 years. A report reviewing presentation to US emergency departments (EDs) from 1995 through 2004 indicated that vertigo and dizziness accounted for 2.5% of presentations. 
- The estimated number of US ED visits for dizziness or vertigo was 3.9 million. 
- A report using data from the Swedish National study on Aging and Care (SNAC) found that in patients younger than 80 years, the prevalence of falls was 16.5% and that of dizziness 17.8%,
- whereas in patients older than 80 years, the prevalence of falls was 31.7% and that of dizziness 31%.  The younger patients tended to have more specific predictive factors, whereas the older patients tended to have more general ones.